Wednesday, November 14, 2007

go mac mini!

So I got a Mac Mini (delivered in one day from Amazon.com even though it was 2nd day shipping!). It's the basic model ringing in at $600. I've been tooling around on it all day and I must say I am quite pleased. My only gripe is that it didn't come with Leopard (10.5) pre-installed. Fortunately, Apple is going to ship the DVD for $10.86 USD.

The old 15" LCD with a 15-pin VGA connection worked flawlessly. My generic USB mouse and keyboard were also a breeze to setup. The apple command key is replaced by the windows start key on the keyboard I use, so no problem there.

Haven't really dug into it since I want to hold off until Leopard is installed. I just changed my background, screensaver, and expose options. Adding a Dell AIO 946 printer on the network took at most a minute. Connecting to the WPA-protected wireless network was even easier. All of this just tells me that Apple is bound to have a majority of the OS market eventually. I wonder what the numbers are right now?

I will have to tally up all my customers and get a percentage of the Mac computers I have serviced. But I will also add the factor of how much money I've made in that arena (which I'm guessing is less since Mac's are more reliable).

No comments: