Friday, March 16, 2007

more complaints about vista

I think this has been mentioned in articles about Vista before it was even released but the security features are overkill! I have to click through three confirmation dialogues just to delete a file.

Another annoyance that was no surprise was when I used windows update to search for vista drivers for my unidentified hardware. Well, just like in XP, doing that search is pretty much a waste of time and returned no results. I'll have to go to each of the manufacturer's websites to find all the vista drivers. On the other hand, I have to give kudos to Microsoft for keeping me in business. I can already see me helping customers getting there new computers working correctly with this new operating system.

One other thing I did this morning was go to some less-than-reputable sites to see if I could get the machine infected with some adware or something. I was again not surprised to find out that the pop-ups still happened.

You know, I really wonder what they do up their in Redmond, Washington. I really think the problem with the Microsoft Empire is that of hubris. Like any empire, success breeds complacency and eventually ossifies into obsolescence.

No comments: